This month we thought it might be interesting to
showcase some pumps you may not be familiar with:
THE BACKWARD PUMP
ROTO JET PITOT TUBE PUMPS
Roto-Jet® is built on the pitot tube pump concept which, because of its unique rotating case design, is sometimes referred to as “The Backward Pump”. Over the decades, the pitot tube’s simple design and versatile performance have achieved a reputation as the solution to many high-pressure pumping problems.
Designed to Handle Your Tough Applications
These high-pressure, single-stage centrifugal pumps, with advanced pitot tube technology, are successful for demanding low-flow, high-head applications.
Simple Yet Effective
The operating characteristics of the Roto-Jet pump are simple and similar to a conventional centrifugal pump. Energy is added to the fluid via the rotor, and the stationary pitot tube converts the fluid velocity energy into static pressure.
Features and Benefits:
- No external lube system required
- No wear rings or close running clearances
Non-lubricating liquids can be pumped
Safety valves are not necessary and the pump can be regulated by throttling
- Robust design is insensitive to process upsets
- Pulsation free flow over the entire head-flow curve
- Reduced life cycle cost by optimizing hydraulic efficiency
- Process seals exposed only to suction pressure for maximum seal life
- High heads achieved in a single stage at low operating speeds compared to other low-flow, high-head pumps